Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Unlimited Character Slots in EQ2

Finally, the announcement I've been waiting for.  Smokejumper made this announcement on the EQ2 forums yesterday.
We've solved some technical issues recently and we can now offer character slots for sale. (Something previously unavailable.)  So as of October 5th (Tuesday), character slots will be available for purchase in the marketplace.

Here's a couple quick facts to answer obvious questions:
  1. Slots are pemanent. You pay for them once and they stay on your account forever.
  2. You can purchase any number of character slots. There is no limit. You want 20, 30 or even a bajillion character slots? Go for it.
Regarding Station Access subscriptions:
  1. Character slots sold are *in addition to* any slots you are getting by being an SA subscriber. (Example: If you had 12 slots available as an SC subscriber and you purchase two more slots in the marketplace, you'll now have 14 slots available.)
  2. If you cancel your SA subscription, and then buy slots to replace the slots you were getting, your characters *will* still be present in those purchased slots (they won't get deleted during the swapover).
Character slots will be available in the in-game marketplace for 1000 SC each.
Only having seven slots available to me with a regular account was one of the main reasons I haven't returned to EQ2.  Once I started playing Eve Online, I just couldn't justify paying for a Station Access account for just two additional character slots.  But now?  I can just pay for two extra slots and I'll have all 9 of my characters available to me.  And if I really want to get crazy, I can dual-box because paying for two accounts will actually be cheaper than paying for one Station Access account, even accounting for the extra copy of EQ2 I'll have to purchase.

Of course, I do have a new current fantasy game love (not WoW), so I won't be rushing out to get Sentinel's Fate right away.  In fact, I'll probably wait until the next expansion that comes out in February.  But still ... all I can say is, "It's about time, SOE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment